Friday, December 26, 2014

R.I. P. 2014

We pause to remember those in Trekdom who passed away in 2014.  Among them are: Arlene Martel (T'Pring in TOS Amok Time,) Bob Orrison (stunts), Bob Baker  (puppeteer), Joseph Sargent (director), Sarah Marshall (actor), all from the Original Series.  Also animator and director Hal Sutherland, the animated series (TAS.)

From TNG: actors Wendy Hughes, Stephen Lee, James Becker; director Bob Wiemer (also for DS9), art director Joe Longo.

 From Voyager: director Nancy Malone, actor Booth Colman, stuntman Jophery C. Brown.  Kim Koscki, stunts for Enterprise.

From the Doctor Whoverse, director Jane Baker, writer Michael Hayes and actor Billy McColl.

Science fiction writers Frank M. Robinson (Nebula and Hugo winner, Judge Dredd), Michael Shea, Sue Townsend.

May they rest in peace.  Their work lives on into the future. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Out of curiousity, I checked the IMDB profile forBob Barker III, and got:
Bob Baker - @ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0048278/
He did "The Man Trap", and if I'm not mistaken, didn't he also do the marionettes in the Halloween episode, "Catspaw"?

Captain Future said...

Thanks for your comment--indeed I did misspell Bob Baker,which I've now corrected and added the link to Memory Alpha. It mentions only the animated plant (Sulu's pet) in "The Man Trap." The Jack Shafton puppets are credited for "Catspaw," according to IMDB.
Here's Bob Baker's obit in the LA Times. His marionettes were quite famous. He was 90.
http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-bob-baker-20141129-story.html

Unknown said...

Are you sure Lynn Meneses passed? I don't see her obituary anywhere. I used to know her and was sad to see her name mentioned on this. I hope this is an error and she's OK.

Captain Future said...

To Unknown: Your hope is well founded. Lynn Meneses was included here in error, and I'm removing her name. I'm not sure where I got this information, but according to both Memory Alpha and IMDB she is still with us. I apologize for this error, and thanks to you for the opportunity to correct it.